This page tell you about the terms and conditions for any person accessing and using the Craft Shelf website.
This page also outlines how we ensure your security and maintain your privacy.
Your access to and use of this site is subject to the following terms and conditions and all applicable laws.
By accessing and using this site, you accept the following terms and conditions, without limitation or qualification.
We (The Devon Guild of Craftsmen and University of Exeter) offer the Craft Shelf as a service to users.
When you register and use Craft Shelf we will store and collect the information that you share.
- Any personal details you type in and submit when you register to use Craft Shelf.
- Images, written text and comment you share when you use Craft Shelf
Some of this information is visible to the general public on the website.
- Registered Users chosen name, location, shared pictures and associated written text.
2. Sharing your Content and Information
- The Craft Shelf website is owned by Devon Guild of Craftsmen and the University of Exeter and is protected by copyright, database rights and other intellectual property rights.
- Craft Shelf was developed by Bow Software who retail all rights to physidgi which can be found at www.physidigi.co.uk
- In using Craft Shelf you acknowledge that all copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights (registered or unregistered) used in providing this service shall remain the property of Devon Guild of Craftsmen and University of Exeter as appropriate, at all times.
- Craft Shelf is designed for Registered Users to upload their personal content including images and written text linked to craft items made by Members of the Devon Guild of Craftsmen.
- Registered Users retain the copyright in their personal postings and pictures
- Registered users agree to grant the Devon Guild of Craftsmen and University of Exeter a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sublicenseable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, play, and exercise all copyright and publicity rights with respect to any such work worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any media now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in such content.
- If you do not wish to grant such rights to the Devon Guild of Craftsmen and University of Exeter, it is suggested that you do not submit your comment to this site.
- Registered users should remember that you are legally responsible for what you write. By submitting a comment you undertake to indemnify the Devon Guild of Craftsmen and University of Exeter against any liability arising from breach of confidentiality or copyright, or any obscene, defamatory, seditious, blasphemous or other actionable statement you may make.
- A Non-Registered User of the site shall not copy, adapt, exploit or otherwise use the information contained on the Craft Shelf website in any way, save for temporary download to personal computer for viewing only. For the avoidance of doubt you shall not be entitled to reproduce, permanently store, or retransmit the contents of the Craft Shelf website without prior written consent of the Devon Guild of Craftsmen and University of Exeter.
- A Registered User of the site shall not copy, adapt, exploit or otherwise use another Registered Users information contained on the Craft Shelf website in any way, save for temporary download to personal computer for viewing only. For the avoidance of doubt you shall not be entitled to reproduce, permanently store, or retransmit the contents of another Registered Users Craft Shelf information without prior written consent of the Devon Guild of Craftsmen and University of Exeter.
We will do our best to keep Craft Shelf safe, but we cannot guarantee it.
To enable Craft Shelf to be a safe site we ask participants:
- To share information in a constructive and respectful way.
- Don't incite hatred on the basis of race, religion, gender, nationality or sexuality or other personal characteristic.
- Don't swear, use hate-speech or make obscene or vulgar comments.
- Don't break the law. This includes libel, condoning illegal activity and contempt of court (comments which might affect the outcome of an approaching court case).
- Don't engage in 'spamming'.
- Don't advertise products or services.
- If you are under 16, please get permission from a parent or guardian before commenting on this blog.
- Not to upload viruses or other malicious code
- Don't impersonate or falsely claim to represent a person or organisation.
- Don't post in a language other than English.
- Protect your privacy and that of others. Please don't post private addresses, phone numbers, email addresses or other online contact details.
- Stay on-topic. Please don't post comments that are unrelated to Crafts Shelf content
The Devon Guild of Craftsmen and University of Exeter can remove any content or information if we feel it violates the Terms and Conditions
4. Content Disclaimer
Views expressed by registered Craft Shelf users are theirs alone and do not represent the views of the Devon Guild of Craftsmen and University of Exeter.
If you violate the letter or spirit of these terms and conditions, the Devon Guild of Craftsmen and University of Exeter can disable your Craft Shelf account.
If you wish to delete your account please email: email@example.com or write to:
Devon Guild Ltd
Removed content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time (but will not be available to others).
6. Virus Protection
The site operators make every effort to check and test material at all stages of production.
It is always wise for users to run an anti virus program on all material downloaded from the internet.
The Devon Guild of Craftsmen and University of Exeter cannot accept any responsibility for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or your computer system which may occur whilst using material from the Craft Shelf website.
7. Use of Craft Shelf Logo and content by 3rd parties
The copying and use of the Craft Shelf logo is not permitted without prior approval of the Devon Guild of Craftsmen and University of Exeter
The use of Craft Shelf content is not permitted without prior approval of Devon Guild of Craftsmen and University of Exeter
8. What information we collect and how we may use it:
- Craft Shelf collects data which allows us to recognise you, your preferences and how you use this website. This saves you from re-entering information when you return to the site. This data is collected by cookies from your navigation around the site.
- Cookies: A cookie is a small amount of data which we send to your computer. The data is then stored on your browser or hard disk. Most web browsers can be set to prevent you from receiving new cookies, notify you before accepting cookies or disable cookies altogether. Details about this can normally be found in the Help facility provided with your browser. If you disable cookies, you will not be able to receive personalised facilities.
- We only use temporary "session cookies" to track your session. The cookies store information only for as long as you are viewing the website. The cookie file does not store your personal information. More information about cookies, including how to block them and/or delete them, can be found at www.aboutcookies.org. If you do not want your visits to our website to be monitored in this way you can opt-out by clicking here.
- Your IP address (this is your computers individual identification number that is assigned to your computer when connected to the Internet) which is automatically logged by our web server. This may be used to anonymously note interest in our website.
- Craft Shelf does require a user to register in order to post comments. This information is securely stored and will not be passed on to any third parties.
- We may use aggregate information relating to the type of enquiry, post code analysis and statistics to of monitor website use. This is to assist with developing and improving our website and make services more effective.
- We will not provide, sell or distribute your information to third parties.
9. What we do with your information:
Any personal information uploaded by Registered Users on this website will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable laws.
We are obliged by the Distance Selling Directive, and the Data Protection legislation, and all current Trade and Legal presidents and policies to respect your wishes.
You can at any time contact us at the address below and we will opt you out of any aspect of our marketing programme.
Data Protection legislation states that we must ensure that personal data held by us is accurate and up-to-date.
Please help us to fulfil this obligation by informing us of any changes in your personal details by contacting us at the address below.
We may use third parties to carry out certain activities, such as processing and sorting data, monitoring how customers use our site and issuing our e-mails for us.
Rest assured that third parties will not be allowed to use your personal information for their own purposes.
We reserve the right to cooperate with law enforcement officials in the investigation of alleged unlawful activities of our customers or relating to our customers.
We will have no legal liability for such disclosures.
10. Your rights:
You can ask us to update or remove your personal information by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at
Devon Guild Ltd
You also have the right to request a copy of any personal information we hold about you.
To do this, simply write to us at the following address, enclosing a cheque for £10 payable to Devon Guild Ltd to cover our administration costs:-
Devon Guild Ltd
Detailed information about your rights under Data Protection legislation can be found on the website of the United Kingdom Information Commissioner,
the address of which is (as at the date of this policy) www.informationcommissioner.gov.uk.